Local Seasonal Activities in Calhoun, GA
Hyundai has a reputation of getting people where they need to go safely and efficiently, which makes getting around to the attractions, parks, restaurants, and more near Riverside Hyundai all the more enjoyable. Get behind the wheel of your Hyundai to head to these local seasonal activities in Calhoun, GA.
Take advantage of increasingly warmer weather by exploring the historic side of Calhoun outdoors, at sites including:
- Calhoun Train Depot: The railways station of the Western and Atlantic Railroad built by Georgia in the 1850s, this historic spot is one of the site of the “Great Locomotive Chase” of 1862.
- New Echota State Historic Site: Standing as one of the most significant Cherokee Indian sites in the country and the beginning of the tragic Trail of Tears, this location allows you to celebrate the cultural legacy of the Cherokee Nation.
Make the most of the hot summer months by putting these local seasonal activities in Calhoun, GA on your calendar:
- The ROCK Garden: Take in an acre of flowers and greenery and a variety of structures crafted from tiny stones, pebbles, shells, and other materials – one is modeled after the Notre Dame cathedral in Paris!
- Rome Braves Game: This one requires a trip to Rome, GA, but it’s worth it to catch a Braves baseball game, a Class A affiliate of the Atlanta Braves.
When fall rolls around, it’s time for all things farms, pumpkins, Halloween, and more. Consider these local seasonal activities in Calhoun, GA for fall:
- Copper Creek Farm: Make your way through a corn maze, peruse the pumpkin patch, and enjoy fireworks on certain evenings throughout the fall!
- Southern Estate Alpacas: What’s more unique than an alpaca farm? Load up the whole family or go on your own to marvel at these magical creatures.
As winter approaches and the weather gets colder, shift your mindset to more indoor-focused local seasonal activities in Calhoun, GA, such as:
- Harris Arts Center: Here you’ll find the Roland Hayes Museum, Ratner Theater, art galleries, classrooms, and more. The museum and galleries always offer free admission, and various classes are offered.
- GEM Theatre: Established in 1927, this was Calhoun’s only movie and performing arts venue until it closed in the 1970s. It reopened in 2012 and now showcases concerts, plays, and movies.
Visit Riverside Hyundai for More Things to Do
Connect with Riverside Hyundai for more information about what to do in the community, such as where to go for great food in Rome and Cedartown, GA. We can also help you with everything Hyundai-related, from setting up your Blue Link account to assessing the difference between trading in your car and selling it on your own.
More from Riverside Hyundai
Starting at $25,500, the 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe is a cost-effective compact SUV with generous cargo space and interior features. Cartersville families approve of the new Santa Fe, but so do the critics and auto experts! To show you what we mean, we’ve compiled some of our favorite 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe reviews from reviewers…
Unsure how to get Hyundai roadside assistance near Cartersville? Need to know what Hyundai roadside assistance entails? Under Hyundai warranty coverage for new cars, 24-hour roadside assistance is included for five years and unlimited miles. Find out what Hyundai roadside assistance involves with Riverside Hyundai as you compare Hyundai to the competition! Service Center Contact Us…
How does Hyundai finance bad credit? Cartersville drivers with less-than-stellar credit scores can still get behind the wheel of a Hyundai model. The Finance Department at Riverside Hyundai has experience in helping customers with all credit backgrounds get approved for an auto loan. Learn more before consulting with our team! Finance Department Apply for Financing Bad…