Is the Hyundai Warranty Transferable?
Is the Hyundai warranty transferable? If you’re considering trading in or selling your car or even buying a used Hyundai near Cartersville, it’s important to know what will happen to the warranty. Learn more about Hyundai warranty with Riverside Hyundai!
Hyundai Warranty Coverage
The Hyundai warranty for new cars includes:
- 10 years or 100,000 miles of powertrain warranty coverage
- New Vehicle Limited Warranty for five years or 36,000 miles
- Anti-perforation warranty for seven years or unlimited miles
- Five years or unlimited miles of 24-hour roadside assistance
The Hyundai warranty is completely transferable. However, there are certain exceptions. For example, hybrid models have the Hybrid Battery Warranty for the life of the vehicle, but this only applies to the original owner. Subsequent owners will have hybrid battery coverage for 10 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. Additionally, selling your Hyundai while it’s still under the 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty means that the warranty will be reduced to five years or 60,000 miles of coverage.
Hyundai Certified Pre-Owned
Vehicles in the Hyundai Certified Pre-Owned program benefit from the extensive Hyundai warranty coverage, including vehicles in Cedartown. Eligible vehicles must be 5 years old or younger and have less than 60,000 miles, and they are covered by:
- Remaining portion of the 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty coverage (which starts from the date of new-car purchase)
- Remaining portion of the five-year/60,000-mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty (which also starts from the date of new-car purchase)
- $50 deductible for covered repairs
- 10 years of roadside assistance for an unlimited number of miles from the original in-service date
What to Know About the Hyundai Warranty
If you’re benefitting from the transfer of a Hyundai warranty, then it’s essential to be aware of the following:
- Have your vehicle serviced at a Hyundai dealership so that your warranty is honored.
- Warranties can vary from model year to model year, so refer to your owner’s manual for accurate information on your vehicle’s specific warranty.
- Hyundai Genuine Parts come backed by a 12-month warranty.
Everything You Need Is at Riverside Hyundai
Connect with Riverside Hyundai near Rockmart for more information about anything and everything, from the details on the Hyundai warranty to the meaning of Hyundai. We’ll make sure you’ll enjoy all of your local seasonal activities this year and beyond!
More from Riverside Hyundai
Starting at $25,500, the 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe is a cost-effective compact SUV with generous cargo space and interior features. Cartersville families approve of the new Santa Fe, but so do the critics and auto experts! To show you what we mean, we’ve compiled some of our favorite 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe reviews from reviewers…
Unsure how to get Hyundai roadside assistance near Cartersville? Need to know what Hyundai roadside assistance entails? Under Hyundai warranty coverage for new cars, 24-hour roadside assistance is included for five years and unlimited miles. Find out what Hyundai roadside assistance involves with Riverside Hyundai as you compare Hyundai to the competition! Service Center Contact Us…
How does Hyundai finance bad credit? Cartersville drivers with less-than-stellar credit scores can still get behind the wheel of a Hyundai model. The Finance Department at Riverside Hyundai has experience in helping customers with all credit backgrounds get approved for an auto loan. Learn more before consulting with our team! Finance Department Apply for Financing Bad…